What is ‘epistemology’? A branch in the humanities concerning these two questions: What can man know; how can man know it?
Here is my opinion:
- We must “choose” some goal or standard. Anything.
- Logic cannot guide the initial, subjective choice.
- We choose X (alogically, a-rationally).
- Once we have accepted the yoke of X, we need to know how to do X.
- Logic tells us how not what. We employ logic for the doing of X, such as grasping the source-texts of X.
- There is nothing outside of X.
* Oh yeah, I almost forgot to tell you: X = Judaism.