God willing, here is the single obligatory post covering Freemasons. Then we can happily forget all about them.
Um, right, Freemasonry. Well, uh, my impression from far-from-primary sources is “lacking meat”.
But I rush in anyway:
- Freemasonry is a Hermetic/Occult/etc./etc. “Mystery Religion”. Ooh.
- The wicked fools deify the sun (like Da Lie Llama Shikutz (read: Dalai Lama), by the way).
- Members commit to committing perjury if subpoenaed to testify against one another (rumor).
- They cannot cut stones to order any more. Nor are they still a craftsmen guild.
- Did the institutions influence the French, American and Mexican revolutions? Don’t ask me.
- Apparently, Freemasons don’t even know enough Tum’ah to attract many members anymore — if indeed they ever did. Yeridas Hadoros?
- Yet their shtick isn’t nearly as ancient as they pretend, either.
You desire primary sources? The only half-reliable one, to my knowledge, is “Letters on the Masonic Institution“, by John Quincy Adams, which I have not read at all.
That’s all I think I know.