Shared by a friend:
My internet filtering strategy consists of a simple content filter, adblocking, and image concealing browser extensions (and other things).
It works for me. But I had a problem. Certain websites, detecting my ad-blocker, would block entry to their articles.
I found a solution to the problem (assuming the article seems important enough to work a little):
- Search for the title on Google or the like.
- Find the article in question.
- If it was reproduced elsewhere, problem solved. If not, read on.
- Find the tiny arrow next to the name, and click with care, being sure not to hit the hyper-linked title itself.
- A bubble appears.
- Again, gingerly click on “cached page”.
- You can now view the full article in question.
- You can also select different design options at the header.